Wednesday, October 2, 2013

FabScraps Cog Album--Layered Page with Anne Patterson

It is Anne Patterson here and I have had the fun task of creating with the Fab Scraps Cog Album and a variety of X-Press IT Products.


The first step I took was to coat the front cover with some Pewter Distress Stain.


The great thing about the X-Press It Glue pen is you can use it for embossing and so I have added some details onto the cogs using the glue pen. 



I have then sprinkled the details with embossing powder.


You then wait for the glue to dry for a little and then you can heat set the powder with your heat gun.


 I have then coated the back page of my album with Triple Tac Glue, and then pressed to the patterned paper.



Then you cut off the excess paper.

I have used some patterned paper to create a pocket to hold some certificates.  i folded over the edge to make it easier to slide the certificates in.


I have then used X-Press It 6mm Double Sided tape long the bottom and sides of the back of the patterned paper.   This I then adhered to the back of one of my album pages.


 I have used my X-Press It 12mm Double Sided tape to adhere some cardstock to the patterned paper background.


I have then used my X-Press It Clear Gel Glue to adhere the additional cog and title embellishments
to my page.


To give the cover a little extra lift, I have put the cover picture on some X-Press it foam tape.



Products I have used in my project are:

X-Press It Tripletac Glue
X-Press It Double-Sided Tape 6mm 
X-Press It Double-Sided Tape 12mm
X-Press It Clear Gel Glue
X-Press It Glue Pen
FabScraps Cog Album
FabScraps Wild at Heart Patterned Paper
FabScraps Wild at Heart Clear Stickers
FabScaps Die-Cut Chipboard Word Rough & Tough

Here is the final project:


The cog album cover lifts to reveal pictures on the inside.


The inside page lifts again to reveal the pocket page with the mining permits, and some more pictures of our outing.


This is a great way to use and create an interactive page, with lots of space for pictures and moments and the process is very similar if you create the whole album instead of a page, but I hope you have enjoyed my share.

Thanks for Looking
Anne
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Anne its a gorgeous layout and mini album included. I use most of those products but haven't seen the triple tack but think I need to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome work Anne! You really are the queen of dimension!

    ReplyDelete