Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Shabbylicious Embossing

Hi X-Press It Fans.
Sharmaine here sharing a layout I made using several products from X-Press It.

Lindy’s Stamp Gang Embossing Powder
X-Press It Double sided tape
Fabscraps "Shabbylicious" papers
Fabscraps button and pearls
Chromacryl paints
Fabscraps filigree
Fabscraps "Shabbylicious" stickers

I started by creating my background paper, using cardstock and some watered down paint.

I then used some of the pattern paper to back my photo and to type up my journaling.

The next step was to emboss the metal filigree.

I covered the metal with paint

and coated each using both “Silver Moon Sapphire”

and “Adobe Fire” embossing powder.

I didn’t completely cover all the metal, I left little bits of paint showing through,

and heated the powder.

I then cut each filigree in half.

I then used the blue paint, diluted with water,

and coated a paper doily.

Which I also cut in half.

IMG_9513

I then cut out a bird, from one of the pattern papers in the “Shabbylicious” range, and added it to my page.

IMG_9514

I also added a “Shabbylicious” sticker

IMG_9515

I added some Fabscraps pearls and buttons

IMG_9516

to complete my page.

SharmaineKruijverXPressItWattleBirdLayout

Love that supplies, like paint and embossing powder, give you the power to alter.
I hope this has inspired you to look at the embellishments you have and see if you can alter them with some paint or embossing powder.
Have a wonderful week.
Sharmaine

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Fabby tute Sharmaine, great to see the little metal embellishments come to life in this way, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete