Hello! It’s Robyn joining you today with a project featuring X-Press It Blending Card. Blending Card is perfect for this project as it can happily take a bit wet media without dissolving into a mushy mess. My card features an image stamped onto white tissue paper which is then collaged over stamped/painted Blending Cardstock and further embellished with Copics and glitter sprays.
- Firstly cut some Blending Card to about A5 size. This is much larger than you need for the finished card but it will give you room to play with the background.
- Using a flourish/swirl stamp, stamp each of the corners using two shades of blue archival ink.
- Roughly paint the edges pale blue and the centre yellow.
- Stamp dragonfly onto the middle of an A5 sized piece of white tissue paper using Momento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Crinkle up the tissue paper, then adhere to Blending Card with X-Press It Triple Tac. Don’t smooth out all the wrinkles, they add lovely texture. Allow to dry well.
- Colour dragonfly with Copic Markers, blending so that the outside of the wings are darker. Coat wings and dragonfly body with Glossy Accents to give them dimension and protect in the next step.
- Spray with glitter spray – yellow in the centre and blue around the edges. Allow it to drip and spread, then dry well.
- Trim image down to suit card front and sponge edges with blue archival ink. Embellish the dragonfly with glitter glue.
- Layer image with blue cardstock and some patterned paper onto a 15cm square black card front using X-Press It Double Sided Tape. As the card may have buckled a little – use more double-sided tape than usual to ensure it lays flat on your card.
- Add a layered greeting, raised with X-Press It Foam Tape and you are done!
- X-Press It Blending Card
- X-Press It Triple Tac
- X-Press It Double Sided Tape
- X-Press It Foam Tape
- Momento Ink Tuxedo Black
- Copic Markers Y04, Y18, YR16
- White tissue paper
- Stampendous Dragonfly Vine, Fall Tendril, Happy Messages
- Ranker Archival ink Manganese Blue & Forget-Me-Not
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Acrylic paint in yellow/blue
- Glitter glue, glitter sprays in yellow/blue