Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Glue Marker with Twine and Embellishments


Hello everyone!! Tarrah here with you today......another fabulous trend going around at the moment that I am sure you have all seen is the bakers twine and handmade embellishments!!! So I thought I would share with you today how super easy it is to attach that said twine and some handmade embellishments using the all new X-Press It Glue Marker pen!!!!   
When I first used the Glue Marker pen I was pleasantly surprised at just how much glue actually comes out of the pen so you don't need to use much at all!!!

Start off by gathering some supplies you will be using......

Give the glue marker a good shake before using, press down and 'draw' your glue onto your embellishments...with these Kraft cardstock cogs and handmade embellishments I applied the glue to where the button was going to adhere to the cog and this then made it easy to move around my layout for placement before adhering the entire embellishment down. 

The great thing is about the glue marker is that there is absolutely NO excess glue running out everywhere because you have been able to use just a small amount that's why it is so fabulous for embellishments and small bits and pieces. 

Next I used the glue marker to adhere some twine to my layout and wow it did it with such ease. 

I first placed the twine in the direction and shape I wanted and then all I did was lift the twine slightly and placed the glue in some strategic spots....just enough to get the twine stuck down without losing the shape and look I wanted. 

Another top idea to use the glue marker for is if you have any embellishments or Thickers or stickers etc that may have lost there stick....the glue marker is perfect for these, you can just place a small amount of glue marker to the back of them!!!

Here is my finished layout with all the embellishments attached using the glue marker...

Thank you so much for stopping by the X-Press IT blog today, I hope I have inspired you to create something wonderful using the Glue Marker....whether it be a small project like a card or a big project like an off the page etc we would LOVE to see them, make sure you leave a comment and leave a link so we can pop on over and take a look at your work.

Stay tuned for next month.....we have lots more great ideas to show you all using the X-Press It products and there might even be a prize or two up for grabs as well!!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Tarrah :)    
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment