Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Chevron and Mask It...

Hello again everyone!!
Firstly I must say I am loving the great uses of the Mask It by Edna and Kim, beautiful girls!!

Tarrah here with you today to share a little off the page project featuring the X-Press It 'Mask It' to create a chevron pattern!!!

Gather the supplies you will be using...

I gave the door hanger a light sand to help with ease of painting.

Apply a background base colour, I chose white and applied about 3 coats of this...

so it ends up covering the wood quite well...

Take your Mask It sheet and with a pencil and ruler mark out and pencil in all your chevron lines...

using a sharp craft/stanley knife, carefully cut out each chevron shape so you have separate rows of masked chevrons

 As a practice I laid them down roughly where I wanted them to go on the door hanger 

I then peeled the masks away from the backing sheets and adhered them where I wanted them on the door hanger 

making sure they are all stuck down properly (you don't want any seapage underneath them), apply your chosen paint colour..

Let dry almost completely and then slowly and gently pull away the mask and this is how it should look.....

Once completely dry, decorate as you desire....

and here is my finished door hanger all ready to hang on my son's door handle.

Thanks for stopping by the X-Press It blog today.....we hope we have given you some hints and tips on how to use the Mask It product......don't forget to leave a comment for the month of April and a random winner will be chosen to win next months product feature.......a pack of the X-Press It Double Sided Sheets!!!!

Be sure to check back next month for the next product showcase. It will be another great month of inspiration with some lovely projects to share with you all.  
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I love this stuff, how versatile is it? There have been some amazing projects created in just three posts! Love this door hanger Tarrah.

    I'm now a new follower of this blog, I love X-Press It blending card and the glue is divine, looks like here is another product I HAVE to have. LOL

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the chevrons Tarrah, great job with the embellishing too, looks FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! this is fantastic! Can't wait to get a chance to try this new technique ..... we are in process of packing to move .. so no craft for me at the moment :( only looking at gorgeous blogs and wishing LOL

    xoxox Carly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright breezey look of your door hanger. Creating chevrons this way leaves the colour and size up to the maker, so each time you create one it is a one off. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would be awesome party favors for a boy party...car party!!
    Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete